Annual Regulation IV Testing
Posted By ecampillo on October 25, 2018
Per City of Los Angeles Fire Code requirement, Annual Regulation IV Testing of all fire life safety equipment is scheduled for November 14 – 16, 2018.
Important reminder: Fire alarms will to off sporadically throughout both days. Any persons with special needs, i.e. pets, infants, etc. should take any necessary precautionary measures to accommodate them.
The Crew in charge of testing will access ALL units on November 14, 2018 in order to test fire life safety equipment inside ALL units, including smoke detectors. Evo staff will escort the testing crew in all units.
Wednesday November 14 – Residential Unit Testing
Access to all units will be required in order to test equipment in units.
Unit access schedule will be as follows:
8 AM – 1 PM: Floors 3-12
1 PM – 5 PM: Floors 13-21, PH1, PH2, Townhomes
Note: due to the number of units to cover, it will not be possible to accommodate schedule requests for unit access.
Thursday November 15 – Common Area Testing
Emergency Generator Testing:
• Starting at 11 AM, lasting approximately one hour
• Main power will be shut off. The building will have staggered lighting in the common areas.
• There will be no power in units during this test.
• Starting at 12 PM, lasting approximately one hour
• All elevators will be offline; stairwells will be open for use.
• If you are unable to use the stairs and require elevator access between 12 PM and 1 PM, please contact the front desk for assistance.
Friday November 16 – Common Area Testing
Stairwell Pressurization Testing:
• Starting at 9 AM
• A full building alarm must be simulated in order to test this system. The alarm klaxon will be silenced, but strobe lights in all areas will remain active for the duration of the test.