COVID-19 Update: Fitness Center
Posted By janekim on July 17, 2020
During an emergency meeting yesterday, it was decided to reduce the number of users in the Fitness Center from 3 household to 1 household every 45 minutes, effective July 20th. As you may already know, Los Angeles Department of Public Health has released attached updated Order of the Health Officer, requiring gym closures because of the increasing number of COVID-19 cases. After review with the HOA Attorney, a reduction to 1 household every 45 minutes is acceptable given the current situation. Please note, Residents may only reserve one session per day. Consequently, a revised version of the emergency rule covering the Fitness Center was adopted and attached during the meeting. A list of new emergency rules is below for your review:
- The common area gym will remain open to residents only, which shall mean the Owners/Tenants and his or her immediate nuclear family members (i.e., persons related to the Owner by marriage, domestic partnership, or children). No trainers or guests permitted.
- Gym occupancy must be limited to one (1) household at a time. Accordingly, the gym shall be available by reservation only. Access will only be provided to individuals who make a reservation through Bookafy, at least twenty-four (24) hours in advance, and only a limited number of reservations will be permitted, in order to allow equal access while complying with Social (Physical) Distancing standards, as defined by the Los Angeles Department of Public Health’s Order of the Health Officer, “Reopening Safer at Work and in the Community for Control of COVID-19,” issued July 14, 2020, and any subsequent or superseding state or local mandates.
- Reservation hours are from 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m., daily.
- Each residence (i.e., household) is permitted one reservation per day, on a first-come-first-serve basis, for forty-five (45) minutes or less, per reservation.
- Residents are required to wear a facial covering when walking through common areas and through the gym, but shall not be required to wear a facial covering while engaging in physical exercise or while training, unless Association staff or other individuals enter the gym at which a mask shall be worn.
- Residents experiencing symptoms of respiratory illness, including fever or cough, are prohibited from using the gym. Residents shall self-screen at home, including temperature and/or symptom checks using CDC guidelines.
- If more than one (1) household is seen using the gym at the same time, the Board may determine to close the gym and prohibit all residents from using same. All gatherings determined to be in violation of the Los Angeles Department of Public Health’s Order of the Health Officer, “Reopening Safer at Work and in the Community for Control of COVID-19,” issued July 14, 2020, or any applicable superseding governmental mandates, shall be subject to discipline in the form of suspension of common area privileges and/or fines pursuant to the Association’s Rules and Regulations.
- By signing up for a gym usage time slot, residents acknowledge and understand the risks and obligations arising from same, and shall agree to stay within the time frame allotted.
- Residents shall abide by all Social (Physical) Distancing requirements, as defined by the Los Angeles Department of Public Health’s Order of the Health Officer, “Reopening Safer at Work and in the Community for Control of COVID-19,” issued July 14, 2020, or any applicable superseding governmental mandates, in addition to all other Association rules, regulations and restrictions.
- Residents shall be required to reasonably and adequately disinfect equipment before and after use with provided disinfecting wipes.
- Residents must bring their own water bottles and should ensure not to touch their water bottles with the water dispenser.
- Residents must bring their own towels and/or yoga mats.
- Residents will be required to sign a liability waiver prior to use.
Due to the revised Emergency Rule, all reservations from Monday, July 20th and onward will be reset. Residents will be able to make reservations starting Sunday, July 19th at 12PM on Bookafy. Please note that this is to give all Residents a fair chance at booking the Fitness Center at the same time.
Thank you for your anticipated cooperation and let’s please help keep each other healthy.
Luc Sasseville CCAM