Upcoming Full Building Power Shut Down RE EV Charger Project
Elleven HOA, is currently installing infrastructure to accommodate electric vehicle charging stations in their parking garage. They are now planning to connect equipment to the city utilities, which requires cutting power to the entire building. Unfortunately, Elleven HOA cannot do so without impacting Evo & Luma. All 3 buildings share a vault located underground and Elleven can only shut down power from the vault, which also impact Evo and Luma. In comparison, Evo has the capability to shut down power without impacting neighbors.
Because Evo is also currently installing necessary equipment to support EV chargers, we are planning to shut down power once and proceed with all necessary connections at the same time.
Date: June 25, 2018,
Duration: 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
The team will make every effort possible to complete the work necessary for Evo that same day. If they can’t complete that day, another shorter power shutdown will be necessary.
Please review the recap below of what you can expect during upcoming power shut down:
- Staggered lighting in common areas, two elevators will be in service. The parking garage gates will need to remain open for access.
- There will be no electricity in residential units.
- The 240 Lounge will have power and internet service, with limitedd lighting and no climate control.
- barcito will remain open. Internet and power will be available there for Evo residents if necessary.
- The pool and fitness center will be closed.
- Please turn-off your HVAC system using the thermostat before leaving your home that morning..
- Air conditioning and internet service will not be available in units or common areas, except 240 Lounge.
- Hot water will remain in the piping system but it will cool down throughout the day. When power is restored, water temperature will increase gradually. Lukewarm water is expected through the middle of the night, into the next morning.
- We recommend you keep your refrigerator closed the entire day. Use ice packs in the refrigerator to preserve food that may easily spoil such as meat and dairy.
Evo Pet Social
Meet fellow Pet Owners at the Evo Pet Social Saturday June 30, 2018 from 9:00 AM to 12 Noon, at the Townhome Plaza. We will also collect emergency information about EVO pets during the event. The organizers, the Lifestyle Enhancement Committee members will also be available to discuss suggestions you may have about EVO HOA.
Save the Date – Council Member Jose Huizar Visit
Council Member Jose Huizar will visit Evo on August 1, 2018 (6:30 PM – 8:00 PM). More details to come.
South Park Pub Crawl!
Wednesday June 27th – 6-8pm: Join your South Park neighbors and check out local bars, including Prank and barcito. Food and drink specials available at each location.
Upcoming Community Events
Downtown Dark Nights: Birthday Edition
June 8, 6:00 PM – 11:00 PM at L.A. Live
L.A. Live’s 10th Anniversary celebration will feature live music, muralists, street performers, games, and more!
Fore more info, Click Here!
Duke’s South Paw Get Together
June 6, 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM at Olive DTLA Apartments
1243 S Olive St. 323-559-0217
Meet pet owners and discuss a city variance Duke’s is requesting to allow overnight pet boarding.
Wine, beer, light hor d’ouvres will be served.
Garage Infrastructure Update
As part of the ongoing project to upgrade infrastructure in the garage to enable EV charging stations, Sustainable solutions will be drilling concrete in the garage.
Sporadic drilling will take place in the garage throughout the duration of the project, scheduled to complete at the end of June.
This work only takes place on weekdays, between 8 AM and 5 PM only.
You may hear noise from this drilling in your unit.
June Maintenance Tip
This month’s topic is Cabinet Maintenance. To download this month’s Maintenance Tip, Click Here.
Recycling Room Usage Reminder
Please bring all recycling material to the Recycling Room on the Ground Floor.
Items that may be recycled include:
- Glass: bottles, jars, etc.
- Clean paper: office paper, catalogs, etc.
- Cardboard: boxes, etc. All boxes must be flattened
- Cartons: drink cartons, etc.
- Metal: drink cans, food cans, etc.
- Plastics: drink bottles, detergent bottles, etc.
Please do not dispose of bulky items, furniture, or appliances in the Recycling Room. Please contact the front desk for assistance with these.
Fire Code requires all occupants in high rise buildings to receive annual Emergency Procedures Training. For your convenience, training is now available online.
Completing the Training Modules is Easy:
- Visit http://www.rjwestmoretraining.com/register.aspx
- Register with code FCE4F1E
- Completing the training modules only takes 20-30 minutes!
$100 Gift Card Raffle for Completing the Training
A gift card will be raffled at the end of May between all residents who are able to complete the following requirements by May 31, 2018.
- Identify all training modules where the persons in the image below appear.
Hint: It may be more than one module! (Email email@example.com with your answer to the contest question.)
- Complete all five (5) training modules by the contest deadline.
This includes: Fire, Earthquake, Medical Emergency, Power Failure, and Bomb Threat
(Completion of training modules will be verified automatically.)
Deadline to enter contest is: May 31, 2018.
All residents or homeowners who correctly answer the challenge question and complete all training modules will be eligible to win a $100.00 gift card.
Congratulations to Holger Irmler for winning the Fire Life Safety Training Raffle for the month of April.